POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2 : Re: non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2
From: anto matkovic
Date: 8 May 2004 16:27:40
Message: <409d42bc@news.povray.org>
There is an example at povray.binaries.scene-files - with single
sphere-like
> > mesh ( 68 triangles)
> > Right question is, how I can apply interior_texture in texture_list, or
> > need some other way?
> > When I uncoment interior_texture, about line 320, POV reports error.
>
> What makes you think this is valid syntax?

Well, I asking is there *any* syntax for aplying exterior and interior
texture to UV-mapped mesh in POV-Ray - with thousands triangles converted
from 3d modeling program, not a few triangles made for hobby. This
inside-outside separated materials is common feature in many renderers,
including raytracers. I'm afraid that POV can't do that.

I will be very happy if some of next official version will support some
common things like Angle Of Incidence, motion blur, fast (even 'faked',
interpolated, anything...) SSS..., ambient occlusion (newest version of
freeware Blender have AO, works very good...) just because I'm afraid for
the future of raytracer which I was using for a years.

> Not that this has anything to do with scattering media and opacity...

I posted two separated answers in one message.